Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, design, photography and beautiful living.
We are experiencing 27+ degrees these days. It’s only the end of April and, as much as I love summer, I wish we had our four-season climate back. But I don’t think I want to get into that subject. However, this reminds me of the little things we all can do to try and make a difference, like planting a tree in your own garden, or, if you don’t have one, like in my case, bring flowers into your home and grow them in beautiful planters. And don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers. Just the other day, as I was walking on the street, I overheard something startling: a middle-aged man was telling someone that that day he sat on a bench in the park for the first time in 15 years and that he felt so relieved when he took that moment off. Don’t let that happen.
• 7 ways to look better in photos: I’ve learned most of them in time and they really work
• Loving these how-to videos from Homegrown Swedes, so beautifully presented and hear-warming. I’ve only watched the ones featuring bread making in a bakery in Rosendal’s Garden, Stockholm, and Karin Erkisson’s pottery making, but there are more.
• I always find myself studying closeup photos, especially when it’s the work of a photographer like Line Klein
• This saddle bag by Grafea in just right for the warm season, practical and stylish
• A snapshot of Mario Testino in 20 odd questions
• My Amalfi Coast, by Amanda Tabberer: a promise to take me back to one of my favourite trips
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!