Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, film, photography and beautiful living.
• Fashion and books: is there a better recipe for autumn? The first photo, featuring Anna Jagodzinska and Coco Rocha, was shot by Bruce Weber for the October 2009 issue of the American Vogue. The second one is a photo of Claire de Rouen Books, the only specialist photography and fashion bookshop in London. I think it will become a must-stop for me.
• Selling Dreams: One Hundred Years of Fashion Photography, an exhibition featuring works by giants of twentieth century photography including Edward Steichen, Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Helmut Newton and David Bailey, alongside contemporary images by Corinne Day, Rankin, Tim Walker and Steven Meisel. It runs at The McManus: Dundee’s Art Gallery and Museum until 6 January 2013. The book Tim Walker: Story Teller is now available too.
• Another exhibiton I would like to attend even more: Paris vu par Hollywood (Paris seen by Hollywood): photos, film clips, costumes and posters tracing decades of Hollywood movies about or set in Paris, from Charlie Chaplin’s Monsieur Verdoux and Ninotchka by Ernst Lubitsch to Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris
• What is brilliant Britain to Emma Hill, creative director at Mulberry
• I absolutely love this Ralph Lauren Romance campaign shot. The idea of a couple, Delfina and Nacho Figueras, starring in it is so romantic!
• Lovely notecards, because a handwritten card goes a long way
• How about a Vesper Martini, the famous drink James Bond orders both in the book and film Casino Royale, every once in a while?