Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, film, design, photography and beautiful living.
• Ralph Lauren has been the official outfitter of Wimbledon since 2006. David Lauren talks about the perfect match that is Wimbledon and Polo Ralph Lauren, about how his father has always drawn inspiration from England, from Cary Grant movies and old photos of the Windsor family. On the same Wimbledon note, you may be interested in learning more about the evolution of tennis dressing: Coco Chanel was once again a pioneer.
• Arthur Elgort’s book Camera Ready: How to Shoot Your Kids has been recommended to me as a great guide for a beginner and I remember Scott Schuman once mentioning that he would choose it over any photography lessons or other books and manuals
• Susannah Frankel writes an interesting article about Haider Ackermann: the draped crusader. Some of my readers may know by now that I am a great admirer of his work.
• Academy Award winning costume designer Lindy Hemming talks Designing 007: fifty years of Bond style: the exhibition opens next month in London and includes a wide range of categories, from costume design to set design.
• Chiara sports a fun outfit I absolutely love
• Ideas for the home: photo wall
photos: (clockwise from top left) 1-Arthur Elgort for Vogue, May 1974 / 2-Bob Stone for Vogue 1974 / 3-Ralph Lauren Wimbledon 2011 campaign