The accessories, the little style tricks you can make any statement with.
I’m leaving the shoes and bags aside, because I consider them collectibles, pieces to carry year after year, which means I may not buy them every season. Plus, I already have the high heeled pumps, ankle booties, oxfords and elegant long boots, the classic, roomy tote and oversized clutch, leaving me to search for one more item to complete the heavy part of my autumn accessories: a cross-body strap bag (think Chloé Marcie). In turn, today I focus on the little details, the ones I like to update often to imprint my wardrobe a new feel any given day. Here are my favourite items, new purchases and wishes for this season.
• Scarf: sometimes I choose my outfit to match my favourite DKNY scarf, but my new obsession is my latest acquisition, this leopard print Mango foulard
• Newsboy cap: I love a masculine touch in an outfit; it makes it so much more interesting and one of my signature outfits for fall has become the à-la-Ralph Lauren look: jeans-blazer-newsboy cap. I’ve had the one in the photo for ages and I’ve recently added one more to my wardrobe (similar here).
• Mannish tailoring is one of autumn’s trends this year, but I also like to adhere to this edgy and sophisticated side of fashion with pieces like the item above and braces.
• Gloves: one of the reasons I love autumn is that I get to wear one of my favourite accessories. Since I discovered Roeckl in Berlin last year, I can’t wear anything else.
• My sunglasses range from Ray-Ban Wayfarer to H&M, but I’m currently craving a pair by Karen Walker
• Burgundy lips and nails: this rich and luxurious shade is one of the most beautiful colours for fall. My latest crush is my 21 Rivoli Chanel lipstick and I would love to try the Scandalous Lover nail colour by Mary Jo Matsumoto.
• Watch: the one thing I don’t leave the house without. I have designer and Swiss watches, but my Casio one is the one I hold most dear to my heart: it’s a men’s watch in one of the finest, simplest and most beautiful designs I’ve ever seen. I’m not driven by fashion and designer brands, I have a different definition for style. BUT, when it comes to watches, I will always dream of Hermès; any model will do.
• A drop of perfume. Burberry The Beat is my year-round scent, but there is something about autumn and the British heritage that makes me love it more this time of year.
• And as I’ve been into chunky jewellery lately, I would add this Mulberry cuff to complete my list.
I would love to know, what’s your indispensable accessory this autumn? And the most craved one?
photo: by me