Here are my latest finds and news from style, fashion, film, photography and beautiful living.
Veruschka: From Vera to Veruschka: The Unseen Photographs by Johnny Moncada is the newly released book that captures one of the first supermodels during the era of early 1960s la dolce vita. With forwards by Franca Sozzani, Johnny Moncada’s daughter, Valentina Moncada, Hamish Bowles, and Veruschka herself, the lavish compilation of images provides an intimate look into the emergence of a fashion icon.
• A book that I’m anxiously looking forward to is Dries Van Noten, by Pamela Golbin and Kaat Debo. The volume showcases Dries Van Noten’s start as fashion designer, his inspirations, a complete overview of his collections and his lifestyle. It looks like this is a defining year for the Belgian designer, as the first exhibition dedicated to his work, Dries Van Noten: Inspirations, is featured at the musée des Arts décoratifs in Paris, on view from March 1st to August 31st.
• The Ines de la Fressange collection for Uniqlo is available online starting today. (Thank you, Natalia, for the heads up.)
• Bruce Weber’s Film Collection – 1987-2008 is finally out.
• If you are in Los Angeles, don’t miss the Peter Lindbergh exhibition, until April 19th.
• Already dreaming of summer? Join the club and revel in this beautiful Tuscany and Capri photography.
• Jim Jarmusch: how the independent film-maker stayed true to his roots. I am yet to see his latest movie, Only Lovers Left Alive.
• I’m trying to figure out how to translate this decorating idea into our home.
photo: Johnny Moncada | model: Veruschka, via Interview Magazine