Here are my latest finds and news from style, fashion, film, design, photography and beautiful living.
“I’m probably more personal when I’m acting than at any other time. More open, more direct. Because it allows me to be something that I can’t always feel comfortable with when I’m living my own life, you know? Because it’s make-believe.” Philip Seymour Hoffman
• I enjoyed reading this interview with Wim Wenders, on his film-making style, America as a great source of inspiration for his movies and his favourite childhood books (among my favourites as well).
• Network (1976), directed by Sidney Lumet: one of the best satires captured on screen, depicting so well the decaying values of television, which still stand today, almost four decades later. Outstanding performances from the entire cast, from Peter Finch, Faye Dunaway and William Holden, to Beatrice Straight and Robert Duvall.
• Another beautiful photo shoot by Ditte Isager: simplicity, natural beauty, a way of living.
• Always a go-to outfit: black and navy.
• These pendant lights add a nice finishing touch to an already elegant bathroom.
• A great styling idea: DIY magazine holder.
photo: Irving Penn for Vogue January 2003, via Vogue.com