This Christmas I’m keeping things simple. There are going to be less decorations and last minute shopping, and more quiet moments, cooking creativity and reading of all my new books – Santa came early this year. I wish you a merry weekend and I’m leaving you with a little inspiration for the season.
• Give: bangles that are a symbol of global peace and prosperity, made in Laos, to support a cause that matters / hand-made Alpaca sweater / hand lettered cards, to which you can add your finishing touch.
• Watch: one of these films, or, if you are not in the mood for Christmas movies, one of my favourite movies I’ve seen lately, Heaven’s Gate.
• Read: Mary Jo Matsumoto interviewed by Vogue Italia writer Shomara Roosblad on her Five Fave Fashion Memories.
• Get: Roman Polanski: A Retrospective, by James Greenberg, Gastronomy of Italy, by Anna del Conte, and Olivier, by Philip Ziegler (I’ve told that books were all I wanted for Christmas).
• Decorate: with cedar, redwood and white flowers.
• Wear: something simple and chic.
• Enjoy: The Return, the Chanel short film, by Karl Lagerfeld, with a cup of mulled wine or your favourite tea.
• Go: to the local Christmas markets and fairs, where you can find beautiful hand-crafted Christmas cards, ornaments and gifts.
• Make: gingerbread muffins.