In December, the Notebook Pages series is entirely dedicated to the holidays.
Having your most beloved photographs in print, beautifully bound in a hardcover book, I think this makes for the most perfect gift, both to give and to receive, year-round, not only for Christmas. Of course it is so much more convenient to have our favourite photos on our laptops and phones, especially that we tend to take so many nowadays (don’t we?), but I will always prefer the paper version. Why not bring back the tangible, which is also the wonderful and laudable initiative of Artifact Uprising?
• Celebrate: St. Nicholas Day, on the 6th of December. I shared our beautiful tradition here.
• Watch: Joyeux Noël. I saw it last evening and it’s now one of my all time favourite Christmas movies.
• Give: a home-made beauty product or home-made spice blends
• Make: your own gift wrapping and a simple Christmas wreath
• Decorate: with Utopia candles
• Read: about Juliette Binoche’s passion for Morocco and Mireille Guiliano’s new book
• Wear: cashmere sweater, black skinny jeans, leather riding boots and this gorgeous fold-over clutch by Mary Jo Matsumoto for a little holiday shimmer
• Cook: a delicious soup for a cold night in and Lisa’s chocolate cookies to get into the Christmas mood
• Reach out: for a good cause
photos: Artifact Uprising