Here are my latest finds and news from style, fashion, film, design and beautiful living.
“Street of Dreams”, the Dolce & Gabbana short film for The One fragrance line, directed by none other than Martin Scorsese. Starring: Scarlett Johansson and Matthew McConaughey. It’s black and white, it’s Scorsese style and it’s beautiful!
• It was wonderful to find in my inbox the email from Louis Vuitton earlier this week, officially announcing that Nicolas Ghesquière is the new artistic director of the brand’s women’s collections. I can only say that I think this is the beginning of a beautiful collaboration. I have no doubt that Nicolas will elevate Louis Vuitton, he has the talent and the class to do it. “Together we will build the future of the brand while preserving its precious heritage,” said the designer.
• Claire Danes, who plays my favourite CIA agent of the moment, in Homeland, is interviewed by Dustin Hoffman.
• Love to read about designers’ inspiration: Paul Smith recommends
• For a good cause: Tabitha Simmons for TOMS
• This makes me want to try a navy and burgundy look.
• Are you curious about the biopic on Yves Saint Laurent directed by Jalil Lespert? I’m curious about the second one too, the one that doesn’t have the backing of Pierre Bergé.
• For the home: how you can make worn pieces work.