Here are my latest finds and news from style, fashion, film, photography, design and beautiful living.
French illustrator Aurore de la Morinerie. Regularly illustrating for Le Monde, Elle, World of Interiors, Aurore is also working for many prestigious fashion houses like Hermès and Issey Miyake. Her techniques include ink and wash painting, as well as etching press for monotypes. You don’t have to explain why you love a certain art piece, but I will say that it’s her minimalist style and her use of colour that have made me a fan of her entire work.
• Mary Jo Matsumoto has just launched her Scandalous Lover handbag line for fall. It’s a luscious collection!
• To be ordered soon: C.Z. Guest: American Style Icon, by Susanna Salk: a book celebrating the elegance and flair of style icon C.Z. Guest, a true tastemaker known for her classic, understated American look, who continues to influence fashion today.
• The Lives of Lee Miller is yet another book that promises to be an interesting read: the work and life of Lee Miller, model, leading Surrealist photographer and war correspondent during World War II, as compiled by her son, Antony Penrose
• And since we are talking books again, here are fourteen creative solutins for book display
• I’m thinking to go to see Elysium solely for Jodie Foster’s costumes, designed by Giorgio Armani
• Inside the World of Vivien Leigh, on show at Victoria & Albert Museum, opening this autumn
• Photography: Nick Leary’s Celebrate Australia collection pays homage to the photographer’s love for his homeland
• Gotta love Prada’s Fall campaign starring Cristoph Waltz
• A stunning view overlooking Salt Creek Beach, California, that’s frame-worth
• This squash blossom pizza will be the newest addition to my home-made vegetarian pizza repertoire
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!