Here are my latest finds and news from style, fashion, film, photography and beautiful living.
Newly discovered: Makié. A collection of basic clothing items from natural, high quality fabrics, beautiful homeware and a charming range of children’s products. But it’s the great selection of summer accessories that has me want to buy everything in there: classic panama hat, scarves of silk, cotton or cashmere, made in Italy, Nepal or Lithuania, braided leather bags handmade in India, raphia bags handmade in Madagascar. Sourcing their products from craftsmen from around the globe is what completely won me over.
• The recount of a six-month journey through South America, The Condor and the Cows, by Christopher Isherwood, sounds like a good read
• Bérénice Bejo, winner of the award for Best Actress at Cannes for her role in The Past, talks about her movies and her life after The Artist
• I would love to shop away at Serena & Lily Beach Market
• Thanks to Nadya (loved the interview with Marina), I’ve discovered a great travel blog, Under Travel
• Hermès’ Festival des Métiers: a more open, welcoming approach to the customers, enabling people to see for themselves, up close, how everything is made by the brand’s artisans
• An incredibly simple, incredibly beautiful wedding in South Africa. The way good photography captures an emotion leaves me speechless.