Here are my latest finds and news from style, fashion, film, design and beautiful living.
Don’t they look like magical scarves? 813. Ottotredici (Eight thirteen). Even the name seems to have a magical connotation. It’s in fact composed of the birth dates of the brand’s owners, Paolo Panerai and Annalisa Giuntini, 8 and 13 February respectively. They founded 813 in 2009, with the intention of creating a unique garment that could transmit emotions. Seeing their beautiful accessories, I realize that their task wasn’t impossible. Using noble fabrics, cashmere and silk, and innovative workmanship, a new technology of digital print, they created a poetic collection of multi-use scarves, every one of them being rigorously made in Italy, a condition for guaranteeing excellent quality. I don’t know about you, but all I can think of is how I would wrap myself in one of these fabulous scarves, and the upcoming summer is the best time to play with the styling, just like in this whimsical campaign.
• I’ve already posted about this on my Facebook page, but it’s too defining a conversation not to share it here too: Nicolas Ghesquière on why he left Balenciaga.
• All eyes on Cannes: the film festival kicks off today. Here are the films in competition this year. The president of the jury is Steven Spielberg.
• I love this style at any age concept COS came up with.
• Chic and comfortable: Madewell Transport Tote
• I can’t resist the combination of horseshoes and beautiful stationery: Olivier de Sercey, Paris. View their entire collection.
• I’ve promissed myself to make this almond milk recipe this weekend.