Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, film and beautiful living.
As of late, besides leather cuffs (my collection is constantly growing), I’ve been into simple, raw-looking jewellery. These silver and brass cuffs and bangles have won me over and one of them will soon be mine. Paired with a crisp white shirt or a navy turtleneck, they would give these timeless items a welcome quirky touch. I would also like that lovely Up in the Air Somewhere (cool brand name, right?) paper maché bowl for my coffee table.
• I’ve recently been featured in Vintage Lifestyle Magazine (page 75). Thank you, Nicole!
• Learn from the best: healing your leather handbag in 7 easy steps
• In a film for The Swarovski Collective, Prabal Gurung talks about discovering fashion and his FW 2013 collection
• Currently loving: this and this Zara skirts in ethnic motifs prints (only I wouldn’t wear them with heels − heels & mini is no-no in my style book). Have you seen the brand’s Spring 2013 ad campaign video featuring Raquel Zimmerman and filmed by David Sims?
• New books on my wish list: The Master of Us All: Balenciaga, His Workrooms, His World, by Mary Blume, and Tomboy Style: Beyond the Boundaries of Fashion, by Lizzie Garrett Mettler
• Costume designer Joanna Johnston talks about Lincoln