Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, photography, films and beautiful living.
• Forever Marilyn and Chanel N°5. Need I say more? I hope Chanel No. 5 will continue to live forever, just like Marilyn’s legend.
• The Essential Cecil Beaton: Photographs 1920-1970, by Philippe Garner and Dr. David Alan Mellor: a new collection of Cecil Beaton’s photography, including early work, fashion photography and high-society portraits. I would love it to include these photos of Marilyn.
• Treat yourself to a wonderful gift for Christmas: beautiful Venice as seen through the lenses of David C. Phillips. Venice, Images and Reflections, a spectacular 240-page, multi-media travel e-book featuring five videos and 300 of David’s gorgeous photographs of Venice.
• Grace Coddington, whose autobiography, Grace, has just been released, talks to Alexandra Jacobs of The New York Times about fashion: ” she diligently sketches (the clothes) from the front row, a lone old-media holdout in a world of tweeters and Instagrammers”. Read it when you have a spare moment. It’s worth it.
• I need this fabulous scarf in my wardrobe.
• Love this cover of T Winter Travel 2012: Karlie Kloss was photographed by Ryan McGinley in Nicaragua and styled by Sara Moonves
• A new film by Quention Tarantino: Django Unchained will be released in December. Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz and Jamie Foxx star in it. Needless to say I want to see it.
• Christmas is slowly making its way into my thoughts, therefore I’ve been gathering some early Christmas inspiration
Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers and to everyone who’s celebrating!