Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, film, photography and beautiful living.
• European houses and designers have always dictated when it came to fashion and especially to haute couture, but in the fall of 1950 American designers unveiled clothing that had “taken on a quality of unmistakable elegance” which was also “unmistakably American”. Nina Leen captured American fashion at its finest.
• Loving this Maison Martin Margiella for H&M pattern-cut jacket
• Ealing: Light and Dark: celebrating the historic output of one of Britain’s most loved and most influential studios
• Bellagio by Antonio Berardi capsule collection
• Keep it simple: Julianne Moore in MMM for H&M
• Laid-back style with French Connection + I still haven’t found the Burberry-like owl printed tee or sweater, but isn’t this cute?
• Autumn’s delights: pumpkin risotto, roasted pumpkin salad and pumpkin soup
• To frame (one of those photos I instantly love): Fall in Stockholm
photo: Nina Leen for Life Magazine, September 1950