Here are my latest finds and news from style, fashion, film, photography, design and beautiful living.
• Celebrating craftsmanship with the first Bottega Veneta book, produced by creative director Tomas Maier in collaboration with book designer Sam Shahid and a few prominent fashion journalists like Tim Blanks and Sarah Mower. Here is an interview with Tomas Maier, talking about Bottega Veneta, the book and the supremacy of craftsmanship.
• And moving on to another Italian fashion house, I’m loving these photos of Giorgio Armani shot by David Lees for Time magazine in 1979. Read more about the all-time 100 fashion icons, from models and muses to designers and photographers.
• Gwyneth Paltrow interviews Diane von Furstenberg for Goop
• I heart Garance Doré’s photo shoot for Equipment. She lenses some of the most stylish women in the fashion business, sporting, what else, Equipment shirts. There’s a lovely video there too.
• How to get Emmanuelle Alt’s day-to-night uniform
• DIY: scarf kaftan dress
• Always looking for new ways to display my stacks of magazines
• Le Nouveau Film: apart from the weekly guest film posts (mainly classics) on Classiq, I’ve introduced a new film feature on my Facebook page, where you will find my recommendations every Friday. Although more and more rare nowadays, I always discover new good movies, especially European ones, that I want to share. I hope you’ll enjoy.
• Don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY: The Sartorialist: Closer