Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, film, design and beautiful living.
• The Venice Film Festival, the oldest film festival in the world, takes place between 29 August and 8 September. Here are the key contenders: what has arisen my interest the most is Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master, starring Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman, but I’m also looking forward to seeing Julie Christie in Robert Redford’s The Company You Keep. The beautiful editorial is for getting into the spirit.
• Photoshop-free ad campaigns: in search of a real woman
• Up close with Carine Roitfeld, the world’s chicest grandmother
• Prada and Miu Miu for Carey Mulligan, Brooks Brothers for Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire et al: the costumes in The Great Gatsby, but we’ll have to wait until next summer to see all that
• Style.com has the best and vastest runway archive, and I’m very glad I’ll be able to finally properly use their images as they have switched to higher resolution runway photos (in case you’re interested too)
• French, Moroccan and Chinese influences in this unique home; isn’t the recessed bathtub amazing?
• A delicious recipe: tagliarini with chantarelle, corn and peppers
• Knitwear is one of the reasons I look forward to autumn
photos: Natalia Vodianova by Mario Testino for Vogue US, June 2005; fashion editor Grace Coddington