Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, film, design and beautiful living.
• THIS is the kind of September issue cover that I would have loved to see at the newsstands this time of year. From the times when fashion photographers relied more on their talent and less on the computer. A visually powerful and almost text-free cover, two of the reasons why the Italian edition is my favourite Vogue magazine. As for the American Vogue, I think the fact that not even one model has been on the cover so far this year says it all.
• A random encounter with Inès de la Fressange
• Penélope Cruz talks about Woody Allen, Pedro Almodóvar and her films
• Belles en smoking: from the 1960s to the present day. One of my favourite looks is Mélanie Laurent in Yves Saint Laurent at the premiere of Inglorious Basterds in Cannes, 2009.
• Grace Coddington has designed a limited edition accessories line for Balenciaga
• How about dining al fresco every summer evening left in a place like this?
• Interior design: black and white and fabulous floors
I’m taking a few days off for a short vacation (I really can not believe that summer is almost over!). I hope you have a happy summer weekend and see you back here next week!
photo: Carolyn Murphy photographed by Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia, September 1998