Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, film, photography, design and beautiful living.
• Two beautiful Mediterranean-style homes have caught my attention this week. The first one is located on the Formentera Island, Spain, and it is owned by designer Consuelo Castiglioni, the founder of Marni, and her husband, the other one, in the Hollywood Hills, is Ellen Pompeo’s and it was designed by Martyn Lawrence-Bullard.
• The Row Resort 2013 handbag collection: simple design, refined colours, an understated elegance. I’m coveting the two-toned mini twin bags in cream-camel and camel-purple, the camel backpacks and those two gorgeous minaudières.
• 39 steps to Hitchcock: a step-by-step journey through the invention, wit and dazzling technical skill of Alfred Hitchcock
• On LatteLisa, a beautiful editorial from the pages of Vogue Germany
• How cute is this Garance Doré for Kate Spade pouch?
• A lovely read: David Downton talks with Carmen Dell’Orefice
• An interview with John Fairchild, one of the most feared figures in fashion, the former editor in chief of Women’s Wear Daily and founder of W Magazine
• The documentary The Eye Has To Travel, a film about Diana Vreeland, the legendary editor of Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue, who had an enormous impact on fashion, will be released on DVD in September. I can not wait to watch it, especially that the film is more than about “the high-drama of her career or the celebration of her imagination and singular looks”, but rather about revealing “her personal history, vulnerabilities, steely determination and divine triumph”. Here is the trailer.