Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, film, photography and beautiful living.
• The Balenciaga heritage takes us to a short journey into the history of the house, including a visual comparison between some of Cristóbal Balenciaga’s creations and Nicolas Ghesquière’s designs. It is interesting to see how the present designer of a legendary fashion house reinterprets motifs from collections from decades ago: decorative sleeves, prints, balloon and egg-shaped designs, among others.
• Valentino for NYC Ballet: Valentino is designing the costumes for the New York City Ballet Fall opening
• I don’t remember when I last wore a maxi dress, but I’m loving this Missoni style Hallhuber multicoloured dress
• Patrick Demarchelier photographed by Scott Schuman
• Sukha Amsterdam is just the kind of store concept I like, beautifully styled and which seems to sell a lifestyle first of all. You can find fashion, books, presents, accessories and unique handmade products here. (via 79Ideas)
• An interview with Joanna Johnston, the War Horse costume designer
• Summer is a day away, so I think a little inspiration is in order for a day spent outside
• Whoever is planning a trip to Paris, I think you might find Mireille Guiliano’s Paris pleasures useful and very enjoyable
photos: Balenciaga official website