Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, film, design, photography and beautiful living.
• A new collector’s edition book by Louis Vuitton Publishing: Seydou Keïta Photographs. Seydou Keïta is considered one of the most influential portrait photographers of the 20th century, often compared to Richard Avedon for his ability of capturing the uniqueness in the people he photographs. With over 50 titles published Louis Vuitton continues to be a pioneer of the luxury industry from this point of view as well. The book will be available in the bookstores within the most important Louis Vuitton stores in the world.
• My friend Lisa, of LatteLisa, is hosting a fabulous giveaway: ELLA fragrance. ELLA by Elinros Lindal is an Icelandic fashion brand launched in 2011 and the designer’s Autumn-Winter 2012-2013 collection, V for Victory, inspired by the post-war years and ’70s glamour and having actress Lauren Hutton as muse, was presented during the New York Fashion Week and has received very good reviews. I’ve picked my favourite: the white dress trimmed in black.
• I have recently browsed through two great film books in a bookstore: 100 Ideas that Changed Film and Silent Movies: The Birth of Film to the Triumph of Movie Culture. I highly recommend them and I can’t wait to add them to my collection.
• It’s Dior Fashion Week on Fashioned by Love.
• Words of wisdom from Tom Ford.
• A beautiful blog I’ve just discovered: Little Brown Pen. Nichole Robertson, the author, has recently published a photography book, Paris in Color.
• Mediterranean style in Paradise Valley, Arizona.
Have a great weekend everyone!
photos: 1,2-courtesy of Louis Vuitton / 3-LatteLisa