Here are my latest finds from fashion, style, film, photography, design and beautiful living.
• I am a great admirer of the beautiful photography of Danish photographer based in NYC Ditte Isager. Distinctive due to the incredible play with light, with the contrast between black and white and colour, her photos are crisp and elegant. This time it’s men’s fashion and style: Brunello Cucinelli for GQ.
• A walk through a charming farm in the French countryside
• Stars in Dior: From Screen to Streets. Famous names who starred in some of the greatest films, wearing the amazing creations of the House of Dior, both on- and off-screen. Christian Dior was fascinated by film and his costume designer filmography included Jean-Pierre Melville’s Les Infants Terribles (dresses), Alfred Hitchcock’s Stage Fright (Marlene Dietrich’s costumes) and Vittorio de Sica’s Indiscretion of an American Wife (Jennifer Jones’ costumes). You can pre-order the book on Amazon.co.uk
• A gorgeous shoe line: Liam Fahy film noir collection
• Loving the pencil skirts, trousers (especially the side-band details) and boots in the Whistles Pre-Fall 2012
• A timeless jacket: Gary by Isabel Marant
• A wonderful tribute to designer Albert Hadley (1920-2012). “Decorating is not about making stage sets, it’s not about making pretty pictures for the magazines; it’s really about creating a quality of life, a beauty that nourishes the soul.” Albert Hadley
• Easter inspiration: sprinkled eggs. We’re celebrating Orthodox Easter next Sunday, but to everyone else celebrating this weekend I wish you all A Very Happy Easter!
PS: There are three more days left when you can enter the Shopbop Giveaway. You can win a $100 gift card.