Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, film, design and beautiful living.
Have you seen Goge Girl, directed by David Fincher and starring Rosamund Pike and Ben Affleck? I think it’s one of the few good films this year, at least the ones which have landed our cinemas until now. The elements of surprise and suspense are always present and Rosamund Pike is making a great role, “dark and twisted”. But that’s all I’m going to tell you about the film, because I don’t want to spoil it for you in case you haven’t seen it yet. Here is the trailer. The photo above appeared in the editorial Rosamund Pike: Crazy Beautiful in the May issue of W magazine (read the interview), lensed by none other than David Fincher.
• John Galliano returns to fashion, as creative director at Maison Martin Margiela. He is one of the greatest talents in the industry and I hope here he will find his way again and do what he does so well, fashion as art.
• The Sartorialist, Scott Schuman, is working on his third book. Already can’t wait! I always look forward to a new book of his. And while we’re on the subject, I loved reading about his kind gesture.
• Yes for stripes and leather jacket.
• The French cadeau: it’s all about the giving.
• Creatives using their talents for a good cause: Safe Haven Library, Thailand.
photo: David Fincher for W magazine, April 2014, featuring Rosamund Pike