Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, film, photography and beautiful living.
It’s time for the September issues and the first editorial that has caught my attention is this one from Interview magazine, featuring Daria Werbowy and photographed by Mikael Jansson on a Swedish archipelago. There was no photo-retouching. Interview magazine has created six different covers for the most important issue of the year, in which each cover girl interviews her photographer (see them all here). The Amber Valletta editorial photographed by Craig McDean is my other favourite.
• An interesting conversation with eco-fashion activist Livia Firth. She does practice what she preaches.
• Sarah Burton, the Alexander McQueen designer, is ready to take her claim on the future.
• Paul Strand in Mexico is a photography book I would very much like to have in my home.
• Are you a tennis fan? The US Open is on and this great and entertaining interview with Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert (both 18-time Grand Slam champions) has reminded me how different tennis used to be. It’s one of the reasons I hardly watch women’s tennis anymore.
• Because autumn is coming, this story about this winery seems appropriate, and interesting too. There is also a list of wine and food pairings recommendations.
• I didn’t watch the Emmy Awards, but I was glad that Breaking Bad won in every possible category, from leading actor (brilliant Bryan Cranston), supporting actress (Anna Gunn) and supporting actor (Aaron Paul), to best drama series and writing. However, I wish my other favourite series, House of Cards (these two along with Homeland are the only ones I watch) had won something too.
• Speaking of House of Cards, the costumes in the series are much talked about too.
• And if you are curious, my favourite Red Carpet look was Robin Wright in a custom-made backless Ralph Lauren jumpsuit. Of course.
photos: Mikael Jansson for the September issue of Interview magazine | model: Daria Werbowy | See the entire photo shoot here