Here are my latest finds and news from fashion, style, film, photography and beautiful living.
Because it’s the beginning of August, I thought I’d use this beautiful house (I fell flat for the rich colours, textiles and textures in the image below) from the island of Formentera as a reminder to enjoy summer to the full wherever you may be. It’s the home of model Eugenia Silva, who also happens to inspire the ideal summer holiday look here: white shirt, cut-off denim shorts, straw hat and bare feet.
• My film recommendation this week: Cinema Paradiso (1988), directed by Giuseppe Tornatore. The film is for everyone who loves movies, especially the movies as they used to be. It’s about the power and magic of cinema, and about true friendship.
• Christophe Lemaire has left Hermès after four years and Nadège Vanhee-Cybulski is the new artistic director. Nadège has worked for Maison Martin Margiela and she is also a former Céline and The Row designer.
• Harper’s Bazaar’s September issue portfolio: Carine Roitfeld styles the supermodels again: Cindy, and Linda, and Claudia, and Stephanie, and Carolyn Murphy, as well as Iman, Brooke Shields, Lauren Hutton, Monica Bellucci, Penélope Cruz, and more.
• Louis Vuitton: Photographie & Mode: with over 200 photographs from Mert & Marcus, Mario Testino, Peter Lindbergh and Inez & Vinoodh, the book is a journey through fashion history with a collection of Louis Vuitton fashion photography from the last 60 years, set to be released in October.
• For the guys: how to stay stylish when it’s hot outside. The ladies can learn a thing or two as well.
• A wonderful interview with Caroline of Monaco about her mother’s, Grace Kelly’s, style and her own personal style, and her involvement with Pringle of Scotland’s layered Archive Project and the exhibition Princess Grace: More Than An Image. “There are two words I hate and despise and don’t want to hear: red carpet and iconic.”
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
PS: Don’t forget about the Mary Jo Matsumoto Summer Flash Sale!
photos: Gonzalo Machado for Architectural Digest, via Interiors TEA BFOR (where you can see more of this beautiful island home)